Now in it's sixth year, the UK's annual Wool Week is going from strength to strength. This year it runs from the 5th to the 11th of October. The Campaign for Wool is a global endeavour initiated by its patron, The Prince of Wales, in order to raise consumer awareness about the unique, natural, renewable and biodegradable benefits of the fibre.
Incrediwool sustainable qualities
We love using wool in our collections for many reasons:
1. Natural: wool is a protein fibre formed in the skin of sheep and 100% natural. Used since the Stone Age, it's one of the best all-weather protection materials available.
2. Renewable: as long as sheep have grass to graze on, they will grow a new fleece each year.
3. Trans-seasonal: thanks to its hygroscopic abilites, wool adapts to changes in your body temperature and maintains its comfort. It keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer.
4. Easy care: wool fibres have a natural protective waxy coat which helps it resist staining. It also picks up less dust which means it's also antic-static. Many wool items can now be machine washed too.
5. Biodegradable: at the end of it's useful life wool can be returned to the soil where it will decompose naturally.
So with these qualities in mind we have some fab new merino wool styles now available online. These are produced by an ethical label in Lithuainia.
Firstly check out our 100% Merino wool layering essentials in classic black.
Secondly we have silky soft, steel grey pieces made from a luxurious blend of organic merino wool and tencel.
These pieces are ideal all year round, the fabric is lightweight and will keep you warm in winter and regulate your body heat to keep you cool in spring. Choose from:
• a flattering Trapeze dress
• the useful long sleeved top
• cosy trousers
• a turtle neck body
To celebrate Wool Week we are offering 10% off all our wool styles. Just use the code WOOL2015 at the checkout.
(Discount available between 5th & 11th of October 2015)